Happy St. Patty’s day! Lucky me – I got to make four 4-leaf clover crafts!
– – – – –
Sometimes the simplest forms offer the most opportunity for expression and creativity. I enjoy seeing the multitude of different ways one motif can be executed by other crafters. That in turn inspired me to see what I could do using the same four-leaf clover shape, with additional rainbow and size elements available for download. I hope these ideas inspire you to take your own spin!
I cut my felt materials on a Cricut Maker – the patterns are available for download on my Etsy shop. Please note that you can certainly use this post as inspiration to cut out and create your own 4-leaf clover craft designs, but if you have a Cricut® Maker, rotary blade & fabric grip mat this step is much easier.
Each application – pin, hairpiece, rainbow and pot o’ gold – is shown below, followed by Cricut Design Space computer instructions. I recommend that you read and look through these instructions before proceeding with assembly.
Lucky Rainbow Assembly
★ Thread, size 10 beading needle, size 7 embroidery needle (I used iridescent thread on some sequins and one strand of green embroidery floss for others)
Pot O’ Gold Assembly
★ Thread, size 10 beading needle, size 7 embroidery needle
Pin and/or Hairpiece Assembly
★ Size 10 beading needle
★ Size 7 embroidery needle (when embroidery floss is used)
Secure the leaves to the clover doily shape either by sewing sequins and beads on, by sewing the borders on with hand stitching or a combination of both. If you use hand-sewing techniques, you may even be able to put a bit of poly-fil into each leaf for a 3-dimensional effect.
- Open Cricut Design Space.
- Click on New Project.
- Click the Upload button, then click Upload Image.
- Drag and drop to upload st pattys pot o gold 4 inch.svg, st pattys rainbow 6 inch.svg, st pattys brooch pin.svg, or st pattys hair band.svg. OR click Browse and navigate to the file, then click Open. Click Save.
- Click the image, then click Insert Images.
- The image will appear on the Canvas.
- Click Make It.
- The layers will automatically separate onto different mats based on color. Click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select your material – FELT.
- Click on Edit Tools on the far right side of the screen, then select the ROTARY BLADE and click Continue.
- Insert the fabric grip mat with felt into your machine to cut out your St. Patrick’s day four leaf clover craft!